How we help families
- Are there school forms that you don’t understand?
We will review the forms & guide you.
- Would it help to have another person attend a school meeting with you?
We will attend and help you understand the information being presented. If you need someone to speak on your behalf, we can do that for you after listening to your goals for the meeting.
- Would it be helpful to have support during parent teacher conferences?
We can be there for you.
- How do we connect to get necessary information?
We can use e-mail, phone conversations, and/or face to face meetings. Home visits are also an option. We can come to your home to discuss student needs. Since this is an actual home visit, not just a drop by with materials, we will spend at least 20 minutes in your home. Home visits are a great opportunity to help us truly know your needs and the needs of your child. A Home visit provides the most valuable information in determining a plan for the child.
- Do you need any other assistance such as food or clothing for the family?
We will provide resources to help meet your needs.