The Classroom Teacher
- How does this program impact the classroom teacher?
It is our hope to be a help to the teacher and work with the teacher in the best interest of the student.
- Can the classroom teacher request York Services?
It is our hope that teachers will see the value in our services. If they feel a student may benefit from our support, we suggest they contact the guardian and give them information about York along with the York website. The parents will have to give their permission for us to work with the child. *The teacher will also need to make sure the school will allow York to work with students.
- Will this be extra work for the teacher?
We hope not. We will be placing responsibility on the child and the advocate. If the teacher wants to be more involved, we welcome that and will keep the teacher posted of our goals, etc. We will also be conducting student observations in the classroom. These observations are to help us with setting student goals and understanding the needs of the student. We will e-mail or call the teacher to set up any and all observations.
- Parents may request that we attend parent teacher conferences or any other meetings concerning the child.
- Parents may have us view forms sent home.